These are the Terms & Conditions for tickets, use of our website and prize draws.
All tickets are issued subject to the terms and conditions of Nottingham Ice Centre Limited trading as the National Ice Centre (NIC) and Motorpoint Arena Nottingham (company number 3563341) (“we” / “us” / “our”) as set out below. We are authorised to sell tickets for events (i.e. arena events, conferences, sporting events, sporting activities) as an agent on behalf of the Promoter of the event (the “Promoter”), and act as a Promoter for our own sporting activities and events.
Full terms and conditions are available below or by request from our Box Office and they are also displayed at the venue. These terms and conditions equally apply to the purchase of ice skating tickets. Our full Ticket Protection terms and conditions can be viewed here.
1. Please check your tickets carefully upon receipt and contact us immediately if there is a mistake, as tickets cannot be refunded after their purchase, unless the event is cancelled or re-scheduled. It is the ticket holder’s responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any re-arranged event.
2. In the event of a show/performance being cancelled or rescheduled, we are not liable for any additional costs or expenses incurred - including, but not limited to, hotel or travel expenses.
3. A valid ticket must be produced to enter the event. Removing any part of, altering or defacing the ticket may invalidate the ticket.
4. Replacement standing or unreserved seated tickets which have been lost or mislaid by the purchaser or any third party cannot be issued in any circumstances.
5. The re-sale of this ticket for commercial gain without express permission from the Promoter or the NIC will make this ticket void. Customers should be aware that tickets sold from unofficial sources may not be valid.
6. It is against the law to smoke on these premises. Smoking will lead to ejection without a refund. Our policy does not permit the use of electronic smoking substitutes.
7. The unauthorised use of photographic and recording equipment (whether audio or visual) is prohibited. This includes the use of tablets (i.e. iPads, Galaxy, etc.) Laptops, professional cameras with a detachable zoom lens, and GoPro's are not permitted into the venue.
8. We and/or the Promoter reserve the right to conduct security searches. We and/or the Promoter reserve the right to refuse admission to, or eject, the ticket holder if the ticket holder refuses to be searched, or in our and/or the Promoter’s reasonable opinion, admission of the holder to the venue might be a risk to the safety of the audience or the holder, or affect the enjoyment of the audience or the running of the event (for example if the holder appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs or is acting aggressively or anti-socially). No refunds will be offered to customers in these circumstances.
9. Customers are expected to adhere to the latest venue health, safety and welfare guidelines (for example, any distancing measures, or the wearing of face coverings). Up to date information will be listed on our websites motorpointarenanottingham.com and national-ice-centre.com. All customers should take a coronavirus test prior to arrival at the venue, customers will not be permitted entry to the venue if positive for coronavirus.
10. No food, cans, bottles or alcohol may be brought into the venue. Only food and drink purchased in the venue may be consumed in the venue, except in limited circumstances on proven medical grounds.
11. Bottle tops may be removed from bottles to be taken into the venue to reduce the risk of them becoming rolling trip hazards, or used as missiles. Occasionally, drinks will be decanted into plastic cups.
12. No illegal substances, legal highs, pyrotechnic articles, lasers, glow sticks, banners wider than shoulder width, crash helmets, spiked bracelets/belts, selfie sticks, weapons or offensive items may be brought into the venue. Only handbags and other small bags (no rucksacks or bags larger than 35cm x 40cm x 19cm) and handbag sized umbrellas are allowed in the arena. No lockers or cloakroom facilities are available at the venue and we reserve the right to confiscate any prohibited items.
13. The NIC operates a Challenge 21 Policy. Please be aware you may be asked to produce accepted ID. False IDs will be retained and the police will be contacted.
14. If you experience problems please contact Box Office in the foyer, or a steward, so that the issue can be resolved prior to, or during, the event.
15. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
16. Official merchandise is only available from branded merchandise stands and official vendors.
17. As members of the audience, ticket holders consent to being photographed, filmed and/or sound recorded for broadcast and/or publication, without payment. For ice skating and some specific sporting events, the use of personal photography or filming equipment is not permitted without the completion of the relevant authorisation form available from a member of staff.
18. We accept liability for: (a) the injury to or death of person caused by our negligence and/or the negligence of our employees, agents or sub-contractors; (b) any other matters which we cannot by law restrict or exclude.
19. Subject to clause 16, we will not be liable to you by way of representation (unless fraudulent), common law duty or under any express or implied term of the contract for: (a) any losses or damages which are not foreseeable by the parties when the contract to which this ticket relates is formed arising in connection with the event to which this ticket relates; (b) any losses which are not caused by any breach by us; (c) business or trade losses (including, without limitation, loss of profits); (d) losses or damages caused by the Promoter where we act as the Promoter’s agent; and/or (e) losses or damages caused by events beyond our reasonable control. We shall not be liable for the quality of the sound and/or performance of any event where we do not have control over the same.
20. In the case of any negligence by us, our employees, agents or sub-contractors (but not any other third party) causing loss or damage to personal property, our liability shall be limited to the reasonable cost of either replacing or repairing such property subject to fair wear and tear.
21. Animals are not permitted in the venue (except Assistance Dogs).
22. Please note strobe lighting, show smoke, pyrotechnics, foam or lasers may be used during events. Sound levels may be loud. Hearing protection is available on request.
23. For all events (seated and standing), children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18. Age restrictions may vary for specific events and should be checked prior to booking tickets. On the ice rink, all children under the age of 9 must be accompanied at all times by an adult over the age of 18 with a maximum per adult of four children under the age of 9.
24. Floor seats are on flat flooring. Please be aware people may stand in a seated area.
25.Tickets are sold subject to our and/or the Promoter’s right to alter the support artist line up or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond the control of us and/or the Promoter without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets. The promoter is responsible for the quality of the performance - including sound and staging.
26. We and the promoter reserve the right to provide alternative seats at an event to those specified on the ticket if the staging of the event reasonably requires, provided they are of no less value to that stated on the ticket.
27. We reserve the right to cancel or suspend a skating session at any time on the grounds of public safety.
28. WARNING: Ice hockey can be dangerous. Spectators are warned to keep an eye on the puck(s) at all times as the puck(s) may leave the ice and travel into public areas. Spectators should only access and leave their seats when play is stopped.
This site is operated by The National Ice Centre Limited.
Privacy and Cookies
Third Party Links
Links to third party websites on our site are provided solely for your information and convenience. Please be aware that clicking on these links will cause you to leave our site. The Motorpoint Arena Nottingham does not control and is not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. The Motorpoint Arena Nottingham therefore does not endorse these sites, or any material/information found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them and accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked on our site, you do so at your own risk.
The Motorpoint Arena Nottingham is the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights on the Website. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this Website (including without limitation photographs and graphical images) are owned by the Motorpoint Arena Nottingham or its licensors.
Access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and the Motorpoint Arena Nottingham reserves the right to withdraw or amend the ticketing service provided on this Website without notice.
While the Motorpoint Arena Nottingham endeavours to ensure that this Website is available 24 hours a day, the Motorpoint Arena Nottingham shall not be liable if for any reason this Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Access to this Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond the Motorpoint Arena Nottingham’s control.
Viruses, Hacking and Other Offences
You must not misuse our site by introducing viruses, trojans, worms, keyloggers or any other material which is malicious or harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which it is hosted or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
If you breach the above paragraph, you would be committing a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. The Motorpoint Arena Nottingham will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and will cooperate fully with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Website will cease immediately.
The Motorpoint Arena Nottingham will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website or on any website linked to it.
Each registered account is for a single user only. The Motorpoint Arena Nottingham does not permit you to share your user name or password with any other person, nor with multiple users on a network.
Responsibility for the security of any email addresses and passwords issued rests with you.
While the Motorpoint Arena Nottingham endeavours to ensure that the information on this Website is correct, the Motorpoint Arena Nottingham does not guarantee the accuracy and completeness of the material on this Website. The Motorpoint Arena Nottingham may make changes to the material on this Website, or to the details of events and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on this Website may be out of date, and the Motorpoint Arena Nottingham makes no commitment to update such material.
Comments and Concerns
If you have any concerns about the material which appears on this Website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Winners are selected at random from all eligible entries received by the closing date. Entries received after the closing date will not be entered into the prize draw. The selection is final and the winner will be contacted by telephone or email within a week of the competition closing date. If the winner is given the chance to select a show, please be aware that some shows or events may be sold out and tickets will not be available.
2. The prize is not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
3. The prize is awarded conditionally upon acceptance and if a winner is unable to be contacted after a reasonable period or if any prize is unclaimed or declined within a reasonable period, the prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and a supplementary winner may be drawn at Nottingham Ice Centre’s discretion.
4. Only one entry per person allowed and all entrants must be aged 18 years and over. Entries not complying with the terms and conditions will be invalid and all employees of Nottingham Ice Centre Limited, their families, agents or anyone else connected with a promotion are excluded from entering the prize draw.
5. The winner's name will be available upon written request to Marketing Department, Nottingham Ice Centre Ltd, Bolero Square, The Lace Market, Nottingham, NG1 1LA.The winner’s details and promotional photograph may be used for promotional purposes.
6. The promoter of the prize draw is Nottingham Ice Centre Ltd, Bolero Square, The Lace Market, Nottingham NG1 1LA.